Thursday, January 30, 2014

I did not realize it had been so long since I had posted here.  I have lost my camera and I have no pictures to show.  I think it is somewhere in that black hole I call my Sewing Studio!!!!!! I finished quilting a challenge today that has a Jan. 31st deadline.  I have one side of the quilt bound already and just need to stitch down the other three sides. 


My next project is to clean up my sewing studio so I don't spend more time looking for things than I do actually get to work on things. I suspect I will quilt cleaning as soon as I run across my camera!!!!!  I joined a challenge for the first 6 months of this year to finish one UFO quilt a month.  It is hosted by my dear friend Will Quilt for Chocolate from the HGTV message board.  I am truly the "Goddess of the Last Minute".


I have had a really busy month this January.
These are some of the things I have been doing.
My mom appliqued a quilt of 20 blocks of Southern Belles and I sashed it and put borders on it. I put it up in her quilt frame and she is hand quilting it. She also made my grandson a quilt out of charm squares that someone gave her from one of her friends stash and I just got finished this morning quilting it for her.


I finished my first t-shirt quilt today that belongs to a friend of mine from our church.  I know she will be doing the happy dance with me because I have had this quilt for nearly a year, maybe more. It is amazing how you get so gung ho to get something done and then life gets in the way and it gets laid aside.  I am trying really hard to clean all of this sort of thing out of my sewing room so that I can make some quilts for my own enjoyment.  I am going to become very selfish in the next few months.


I have cross stitched two of Nora Corbets  designs called Christmas Eve Couriers.  It is 10 patterns of hers that I simply fell in love with.  My favorite holiday is Christmas and when I saw these I knew I had to have them.  The first one I did was Santa's Sleigh and the second one is Rudolph.  I will keep going now until I do all 8 reindeer.  Like all my projects, I dislike beading more than any of the processes of finishing a cross stitch piece, so I get up every morning and bead for an hour on these two pieces to get them in the finished pile.


I also am working on a group of 6 Snowmen flipits by Lizzie Kate.  I have all the borders stitched and most of the lettering on each of the 6 designs.  I am now waiting on a back order of three colors of thread that has not come in yet to finish these.  I really miss our local cross stitch store. The closest place to find a true cross stitch store is over 100 miles away. 


I appliqued two more blocks to my Merry Merry Snowman quilt from my dear friend Quiltaholic's sew along from last year that I got behind on and did not finish.


I embroidered 6 blocks on the Bunny Hill Design that she is hosting this year and made 15 log cabin blocks for that sew along. This is going to be a year long project so I hope I can keep up.


I have cut the background, traced the designs on all the white center of another snowman quilt that I have been wanting to do since 2006 called Winter Wonderland by Crabtree Hill designs.


I have cross stitched 12 Mill Hill snowflake kits on perforated paper.  Yes of course these have lots of beads so they will go in the finished pile as soon as I get the beads on them.


I told you I have been really busy this year.
My plans are to not start anything new this month and work on just this list until it is all done.
The only other thing I will work on is the Feb project for our 6 month  UFO challenge.  I will not find out what that is until Saturday. 


Wish me luck or at least plenty of sewing time.  I love Mr Burton for working and keeping me in the life that I am accustomed to while I spend my days playing with my toys!!!!!!!!


Will be back when I find my camera.

No comments: