Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Projects for February

January was gone in a flash and it is now the 15th of February and it seems like yesterday was Christmas eve.

I have been very busy trying to get some of the clutter out of my sewing studio.  I had accumulated so much stuff that I could not get anything done.

DH and I painted the walls and ceilings.  I had some closetmaid cubicals on the back wall for my fabric stash.  I wanted to do some stuff with some of my collection of BOW and WOB and when I took them down to cut them I had some gray streaks in them where the light had faded them while they were folded in the storage bins.  I also had no free walls in my studio and I wanted to make it more appealing to the eye when you walk in.  Before it looked like a cyclone had gone thru it and I spent more time looking for things to do with and never got anything done.

We took some of the cubicals down and screwed them together.  Then we put a top on them.  One section has become my cutting table/work table and the other section has become my ironing table/work table.

I have left 6 of my cubicals together for my stash.  I also purchased me some closet drawers to store my thread in because the light was also fading my thread. 
I will take some pictures tomorrow and post to show you what I have done so far.  I will try to find a picture of the room before.

No comments: