Monday, September 9, 2013

I worked for a couple of hours this morning on removing the paint off my window frames.  It says to not use the paint remover if it is above 85 degrees.  I only got to work on it until about 10:00 am. It got hot out there fast.  I got the top layer off.  I will get the second layer off early in the morning.  I got all the old Butty Putty off the back of the windows. That is the gooey stuff that goes around any place on the camper where water could possibly seep in.  (seams, windows etc)  All the windows have little flaps on the frames at the top that keep the water from dripping inside the window.  Those were all stiff and every time I tried to pick them up to clean under them they were brittle and would break.  I hope I can find some of it to replace it. 

I put paint remover on one of my windows and I would let it sit for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with the pressure washer.  I was pressure washing one of the windows and lost my balance and stepped right in the middle of the window.  I will also have to find a new pain for that.  It is a thousand wonders it did not cut my feet when I stepped on it because I was bare footed.  I think the windows are going to clean up really nicely. 

No comments: