Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Well, it has been a really busy week.  I have never liked camping.  I only tried it twice and I don't know what it is about me and a tent set up under a shade tree on a river bank and thunders storms.
Both times I ever camped in a tent, just about bed time it always seemed to come up a storm and thunder and lighten like crazy......not to mention raining so hard you would think you were going to be washed out into the river.  After the second "tenting out" episode I made myself a promise.  I said "Self if you ever get home, you will never go camping again" That was about 35 years ago. This promise came after a night of camping, storming, squirrels eating all our food, and the truck breaking down in 110 degrees heat on the way home with two rambunctious boys age 5 and 7.

Darling Husband started in a year or so back wanting to buy a camper. Are you kidding me? You are 6ft 4in over 250 lbs and those campers are small.  It would be like stuffing an elephant into a fiat. I am not "Twiggy" either.  I kept telling him he would not like camping, but in reality it was really me that did not want to go there again. I finally broke down and said yes after numerous trips to look at campers.  He finally wore me down and in the spring time this year we found a really nice clean used camper and began our summer on the lakes.  We camped close to home because we did not know how to work the stove. We knew that if something went wrong we could just lock the door and be home in a few minutes. We have had a wonderful summer and learned a lot of helpful hints about the ins and outs of camping.  We broke down this week and purchased our first new camper.  We wanted something a little bigger because DH is retiring soon and we wanted something big enough to spend more time in.  We have been truly blessed by the Good Weathers Gods this summer also.  We have had one weekend where it was really hot.  The rest of the summer the weather was beautiful each time we camped.

I did not get to work on Betsy this week.  I have been busy cleaning up the old camper to get it ready to sell.  I have been cleaning out a flower bed because we are going to have to use up the space to build a shed for the new camper. I have been trying to catch up on some quilting. I have also been trying to get the outside plants cut back and covered up because it is beginning to get cool here at night and you never know when the first frost might fall and kill my banana bushes.   I have worked some on getting the pool closed down for the winter.

I did finish a quilt today for a lady from Aberdeen.  I did an all over stipple or meander pattern on it in a beige thread so none of the quilting actually shows up on it.  It was quite colorful and must have been a lot of work.  I did some leaf patterns in the borders and she is going to bind it.  I hope to put another one on the frame in the morning.
"

No comments: