Wednesday, February 5, 2014

This is my Feb challenge from Will Quilt for Chocolate's 1 UFO per month challenge from the HGTV message board.
This quilt top was found at an estate sale a couple of year ago.  It is done in two colors of red thread.
I have not idea who cross stitched it but I fell in love with it the first time I ever saw it.  It is a King size quilt and I know it would take me several years to hand quilt it.  I can not free motion on my machine.......well I could but it would take years of practice because I can not walk and chew bubble gum at the same time so I know it would take YEARS of practice for me. 

This top was pieced in 5 panels.  I have taken it apart down to three panels.  I have one panel already sandwiched and quilted on my Bernina.  I am going to sandwich another section tomorrow after I get another quilt in my quilt frame.  While that quilt is quilting I will sandwich the second section of this one. 

I have until Feb 28th to get it done.  I need to get it done a little early and start working on one of the quilts that will come later in the challenge.  Because one of my quilts for this challenge is a hand quilted quilt. 
I need to get it quilted so I can get paid for it so I can spend the money on getting my Aunt Gladys' 1922 singer treadle machine refurbished.

No comments: